The Multicultural Center offers a number of different resources and ways for students to get involved. It is both a place to gather and a forum for the educational, political, social, and cultural issues that are important to the students, faculty, staff, and the greater community.
The mission of the Multicultural Center is to enhance academic achievement, create a sense of belonging, celebrate diversity, and foster positive relations among UMD students, faculty and staff. This will be accomplished by:
- Providing a forum for communication, discussion and understanding of educational, political, social and cultural issues of concern to the students served at the Multicultural Center.
- Supporting programs and activities that promote appreciation and awareness for a truly multicultural and inclusive community.
- Providing support for and advising student organizations
- Serving as a catalyst for change and support of the University's effort to achieve pluralism.
- Providing personal and academic support, advising, and disability accommodations.
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion and the Office of Disability Resources are both located in the Multicultural Center.